Volunteers are absolutely essential to Accuro and to the range of services that it provides for local children/adults with a disability and their families. Accordingly we endeavour to provide all our volunteers with any support and training, that is necessary to ensure that volunteering with Accuro is a satisfying and rewarding experience. This commitment to our volunteers is recognised by the fact that we hold the prestigious national Investing in Volunteers award.
Many of our volunteers join us in order to gain experience in providing the type of services we offer and some have used it as a stepping stone to a whole new career.
We have a wide range of volunteering opportunities which include:
- Being a trustee for the organisation, sharing in the important role of setting strategic plans and targets and assisting our Chief Executive and staff in overseeing its operation and development.
- Providing 1:1 support for an adult with a disability enabling them to participate in a range of social activities that would otherwise not be available to them or assisting our Adult Friendship Scheme in other ways like supporting the paid staff at group meetings or on group trips out to places like the cinema or theatre.
- Joining the impressive group of young volunteers whose input is so important to our Under 19 Project, Loughton youth group, Saturday Play Club and the Cool Connections (ASD) Group.
- Assisting in fund-raising events, a role that is becoming increasingly important as we strive to find the funds to maintain and develop services.
- Learn new skills
- Gain experience
- Help to make a difference
- Make new friends
- Be part of a team
- Gain confidence
Accuro recruits volunteers for several of its different schemes, however we always needmore. If you feel that you have the time to invest a couple of hours a week or even a month to us then please get in contact with the office.
If you feel that you have a different set of skills that you can offer us, we would love to hear from you.
All Accuro volunteers will go through an application process, basic training and an enhanced DBS check. The coordinator of the scheme you will be volunteering for will go through these with you.
For more information on our volunteering opportunities and to receive an application pack, please email email@example.com
Here are just a few things that some of our volunteers have said about volunteering with Accuro:
- “I have fun at the youth club each week and enjoy going.”
- “I have learnt a lot through volunteering at Accuro.”
- “The organisation is very supportive, if it was not I would have walked away.”
- “My coordinator helps with everything and is always there when I need her.”
Do you want to help in other ways?
Accuro are often looking for volunteers to help during our fundraising events, if you feel that you don’t have the time to volunteer for one of the schemes above, but would still like to help out occasionally, then please contact the head office for more details.
Please note that owing to the nature of the services we provide we undertake an enhanced DBS check (formally CRB check) for all potential volunteers who are directly involved with the provision of services or with consumers of our services. Furthermore, for some roles a detailed assessment may be required.